25 Things to do in Bangkok, Thailand Travel Guide |
25 Things to do in Bangkok, Thailand Travel Guide
Join us as we visit Bangkok exploring the best 25 things to do in the city in this Bangkok travel guide. Audrey and I have been traveling to Bangkok, Thailand on off now for a better part of a decade. Sometimes we’re sticking around in ‘The Big Mango’ for travel and other times just for transit. However, any extensive travels in Southeast Asia almost inevitably leads to Bangkok and in this city guide we cover ancient temples worth visiting, rooftop bars to catch sunset, trendy downtown malls and legendary street food. Come find out what makes Bangkok (กรุงเทพมหานคร) one of the most visited cities in the world.
25 Things to do in Bangkok Travel Guide:
1) Grand Palace (พระบรมมหาราชวัง) – 00:44
2) Wat Phra Kaew aka ‘Temple of the Emerald Buddha’ (วัดพระแก้ว) – 01:34
3) Chao Phraya Express Boat ride along the Chao Phraya River (เจ้าพระยา) – 01:55
4) Wat Arun aka ‘Temple of Dawn’ (วัดอรุณ) – 02:50
5) Chatuchak Weekend Market aka Jatujak or JJ Market (จตุจักร) – 04:24
6) Bangkok Street Food – Thai street food (อาหารไทย) – 04:36
7) Chatuchak Park (สวนจตุจักร) – 06:48
8) Jim Thompson House – 07:09
9) Cloud 47 Rooftop Bar for sunset views of Bangkok and Bangkok nightlife – 08:08
10) Wat Saket ‘Golden Mount Temple’ (วัดสระเกศราชวรมหาวิหาร) – 09:21
11) Wat Po ‘Reclining Buddha’ (วัดโพธิ์) – 10:07
12) Bangkok canal river taxi – 10:28
13) Pak Khlong Talat Flower Market (ปากคลองตลาด) – 11:17
14) Chinatown along Yaowarat Road (ถนนเยาวราช – 耀華力路) – 12:01
15) Golden Buddha at Wat Traimit (พรพุทธมหาสุวรรณปฏิมากร) – 12:11
16) Siam Square for shopping in Bangkok (สยามสแควร์) – 12:49
17) MBK mall in Bangkok ‘Mahboonkrong’ (มาบุญครอง) – 12:49
18) Central World entertainment & shopping in Bangkok (เซ็นทรัลเวิลด์) – 12:49
19) Erawan Shrine (ศาลท้าวมหาพรหม) – 13:33
20) Bangkok National Museum (พิพิธภัณฑสถานแห่งชาติ พระนคร) – 13:49
21) Lumphini Park for recreation and sports (สวนลุมพินี) – 14:31
22) Democracy Monument (อนุสาวรีย์ประชาธิปไตย) – 15:11
23) Tuk-Tuk ride around Bangkok (ตุ๊ก ๆ) – 15:25
24) Unicorn cafe for a quirky experience in Bangkok – 15:45
25) BTS Skytrain aka Bangkok Skytrain (รถไฟฟ้า) – 17:20
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
Our visit Bangkok travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (best restaurants and street food), top museums, fascinating temples and the city by day and evening when Bangkok comes alive at night. We also cover off-the-beaten-path activities you won’t find in a typical Bangkok tourism brochure or Bangkok, Thailand city tour.
25 Things to do in Bangkok, Thailand Travel Guide Transcript:
Alright guys, welcome to the Big Mango! Yeah, we’re here in Bangkok, Thailand. And if you’ve been traveling in Southeast Asia for a while or backpacking chances are you’re going to pass through Bangkok (กรุงเทพมหานคร) at some point in time. At least a few times. We’ve been here in Bangkok many times before so we feel like we’ve gotten to know the city a little better each time and with this video we’re going to show you 25 things to do in Bangkok, Thailand. Let’s check it out.
In this video we visit the Grand Palace and plenty of wats, enjoy street food and then have drinks at a rooftop bar, weave our way through crowded markets and take our time visiting museums. We tried to see and do as much as we could with our time here, so consider this a little taste of what Bangkok has to offer. Now let’s get started!
And that’s a wrap for our visit to Bangkok. We hope you enjoyed this travel guide and that it gave you a few ideas of things to do, places to visit, and foods to eat on your trip. As always, if you have any other suggestions of things to do in Bangkok, feel free to share those with fellow travellers in the comments below. Happy travels and until next time!
This is part of our Travel in Thailand video series showcasing Thai food, Thai culture and Thai cuisine.