20 Things to do in Düsseldorf, Germany Travel Guide |
20 Things to do in Düsseldorf, Germany Travel Guide
Come join us as we visit a new city in Germany exploring Düsseldorf in this travel guide featuring 20 things to do around Duesseldorf including food, attractions and nightlife. We’ve done a decent share of travel now in Germany but we never made it to Dusseldorf. Arriving with no preconceived expectations we found Düsseldorf has a thriving food scene, fascinating architecture, quirky attractions, tonnes of shopping options and plenty of green escapes. Now let’s explore this German city located along the River Rhine.
20 Things to do in Dusseldorf City Tour | Germany Travel Guide:
Intro – 00:01
1) Lunch at Hausmann’s Restaurant in Düsseldorf to eat German Food – 00:37
2) Mustard tasting at Düsseldorfer Löwensenf – 01:21
3) Have a drink at Et Kabuffke Killepitsch Stube – 02:08
4) Dinner at Frittenwerk Düsseldorf (Die Pommesmanufaktur) for Canadian style poutine – 02:57
5) Shopping along Königsallee urban boulevard – 04:15
6) Quirky Boutique Shopping at Vaseline on Wallstraße 35 – 05:05
7) Market Carlsplatz Der Markt for food or shopping – 05:24
8) Lunch and Altbier Zum Uerige (Uerige Obergärige Hausbrauerei) for beer and finger food – 06:02
9) Interactive Art at K21 Staendehaus “In Orbit” – 07:00
10) Hofgarten and Live Music – 08:17
11) International Food Scene (Tandoori on Immermannstraße) = 08:49 + (Japanese Food in the Japanese Quarter) = 13:20
12) Live music at Me and All Hotel (Sons of Time Hip Hop) – 09:33
13) Street art in Kiefernstrasse for alternative culture – 10:10
14) KD Boat Tour Sightseeing cruise down the Rhine – 11:13
15) Walk along the Düsseldorfer Kasematten – 11:35
16) Explore the Altstadt (Old City) on foot – 11:47
17) Go up the Rheinturm (Rhine Tower) for views of Duesseldorf – 12:01
18) Eat Currywurst as a snack – 12:31
19) Explore the architecture in MedienHafen (Düsseldorf-Hafen) – 13:02
20) VW Beetle Tour around Düsseldorf – 13:28
Outro – 14:01
Our visit Düsseldorf travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (both local and international), top sightseeing tourist attractions and the city by day including visiting neighborhoods, churches and museums and Düsseldorf by night. We also cover off-the-beaten-path outdoor activities you won’t find in a typical Düsseldorf tourism brochure, Dusseldorf itinerary or Duesseldorf, Germany city tour.
20 Things to do in Düsseldorf, Germany Travel Guide Video Script:
Germany is a country that we’ve travelled to countless times, but for some reason, Düsseldorf is a city that had managed to elude us! Well, we recently spent a weekend there and let me tell you, this turned out to be one of our biggest travel surprises of the year. We arrived in Düsseldorf not really knowing what to expect, but over the course of 72 hours, we discovered this is a vibrant city with beautiful green spaces, a thriving art scene, architecture that’ll make your eyes pop, traditions worth exploring, and more restaurants than we had time for! Now let us take you on a whirlwind weekend tour of Duesseldorf and show you some of the possibilities.
And that’s a wrap for Düsseldorf! We honestly loved our time in the city and we can’t believe it took us this long to visit after so many trips to Germany. If you’re looking for a fun weekend escape that combines the best of urban living and nature, Duesseldorf is the perfect fit, and the food scene will also keep all you foodies happy.
Now you know the drill, if you have any travel tips or suggestions of other fun things to do in Duesseldorf, feel free to share those suggestions with travellers in the comments below.
Wishing you happy travels and until next time!
This is part of our Travel in Germany video series showcasing German food, German culture and German cuisine.